Travel Through Time: Train and Railroad History For Kids
Trains and railroad have had a major impact on the economy in both America and Europe. In America, most railways are used for freight transportation while in Europe, more passenger trains are used. Examples of how trains and railroads were helpful to the economy include the fact that they were a cheaper mode of transportation of good across the nation. They also made for faster transportation of goods.
- Southern Museum: Museum information on the Southern Museum in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Steam Locomotives: History and evolution of the steam locomotives.
- Locomotive History: Article on the history of locomotives.
- Discovery Education: Railroads: Lesson plans on railroads.
- Transcontinental Railroad: Information on the impact of the transcontinental railroad.
- Anatomy Trains: Historical information on anatomy trains.
- History and Photos: History and photos including historical equipment such as passenger trains and steam operations.
- Historic Trains and Steam Locomotives: Links and photo gallery on the historic trains and steam locomotives.
- Railroad History Archive: Archive on information about the history of railroads.
- Central Pacific Railroad: History on the transcontinental railroad including pictures.
- RR Historical: Railroad historical information and resources.
- University of Connecticut: Railroad History: Links to additional information and resources for the history of the railroad.
- Railroad History: An overview on the history of railroads.
- Southeast Museum: Information on the Brewster Railroad History.
- Lesson Plan: Lesson plan on the transcontinental railroad.
- The Transcontinental Railroad: Overview on the transcontinental railroad and lesson plan designed for students between 6th and 12th grade.
- Railroad Lessons: Free railroad lesson plans.
- Evolution of Trains: Detailed information on the evolution of trains including locomotives, diesel engines and current trains.
- Evolution: Information on the evolution of Iowa’s rail network.
- The Future of Trains: Slide-show and article on the future of trains.
- How Trains Work: Informational article on how trains are designed to work and the future of train transportation.
- 5 New Super Trains: New train designs on the track towards the fastest designs.
- Passenger Trains: Article that discusses whether or not passenger trains are the future of transportation.
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles: Article on the trains, planes and automobiles of the future.
- Archive Gallery: Thrilling Trains of the Future: Article and pictures of train ideas of the future.
- Trains – for the Future: Article on trains of the future.
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania: Informational link to the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania in Strasburg, Pennsylvania.
- Illinois Railway Museum: Information on America’s largest railway museum in Union, Illinois.
- California State Railroad Museum: Link and information on the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento, California.
- National Railroad Museum: Information and link to the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Orange Empire Railway Museum: Link to the railway museum in Southern California.
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum: Link to the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Indiana Transportation Museum: Resourceful link on the Indiana Transportation Museum in Noblesville, Indiana.
- New York Museum of Transportation: Link to site on the New York Museum of Transportation in West Henrietta, New York.
- Whippany Railway Museum: Official site of the Whippany Railway Museum in Whippany, New Jersey.